|D34 lies on a dirt road
left of the road Valthe - Odoorn. It is an incomplete hunebed. It used
to be a medium-sized grave with 5 capstones. Three are still there but
only one in its place on the sidestones. There still are 2 passagestones.
The foot of the original barrow is visible as a circular earthen dam around
Until 1959 there was another hunebed near D34 with the number D33. It was a ruin consisting of only 9 stones. Archaeologist Prof. Van Giffen used the boulders for the complete reconstruction of D49.